What is Cannabinoid?
Cannabinoids are a set of substances seen in the cannabis plant. Located in the Cannabis sativa plant, Cannabinoids are natural compounds. Out of the 480 compounds in the Cannabis sativa plant, only 66 are named cannabinoids.
What are the main cannabinoids?
The main psychoactive element in cannabis is the compound THC. Another essential component is Cannabidiol (CBD) which makes up roughly 40% of the plant resin extract. Despite equivalent, chemical structures, CBD and THC do not have the same psychoactive effect on a person.
How many cannabinoids are there?
So far, there are over 100 other cannabinoids that have been determined alongside THC and CBD. Whilst the cannabis plant develops around 80 to 100 cannabinoids, it will also form roughly 300 non-cannabinoid chemicals too.
The Types of Cannabinoids
1. Cannabis – dried leaves and flower buds from the cannabis plant that is usually smoked to feel its effects.
2. Hemp – a fibre extracted from the stem of the cannabis plant, commonly used to make strong fabrics, rope and paper.
3. Medicinal cannabinoids – pharmaceutical cannabis products approved by authoritative bodies to treat various conditions.
4. HU-210 and UR-144 – forms of synthetic THC.
5. JWH and 5F-ADB – forms of synthetic cannabinoids.
What do cannabinoids look like?
Depending on the type of cannabinoid, they can be used in multiple ways to reap the benefits such as:
– Leaves and flowers buds
– Edibles/food such as gummies and brownies
What are the Effects of Cannabinoids?
Like opioids, cannabinoids interact with specific receptors found in the central nervous system to produce their effects.
– Euphoria and excitement
– Enhanced feelings and emotions
– Spontaneous laughter
– Increased hunger
– Dry mouth
– Contemplative mood
Benefits of Cannabinoids in Treating Health Conditions
Cannabis has been used as medicine for thousands of years. It’s true that more and more people in the modern age are exploring its advantages for reasons such as mental health, pain reduction and more. There are many different health benefits of cannabinoids, and here are some of the main health conditions that types of cannabinoids have been proven to help:
– Helps decrease opioid use
– Anxiety and depression
– HIV/AIDS symptoms
– Inflammatory bowel disease
– Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
– Movement disorders
– Multiple sclerosis
– Nausea and vomiting (from chemotherapy)
– Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
– Sleep problems
Visit the London Cannabis Clinic on Harley Street London
If you’re looking for medicinal cannabis London based services, check out the fantastic work The London Cannabis Clinic on Harley Street does! They are a licensed, regulated medical establishment that prescribes cannabis-based medicines.
The London Cannabis Clinic has proudly treated thousands of patients suffering from short-term or chronic pain using forms of cannabinoids. Get in touch with our friendly team today for a consultation regarding medical cannabis.